To provide a place of meeting in the community, a part thereof to be used as a hall for the accommodation of assemblies and lectures, musical, literary, social and other entertainments, and scientific and other exhibitions, per the Articles of Incorporation signed by the Corporation Commissioner of the State of Oregon on November 8, 1921.
(1) To develop and maintain a safe, affordable and accessible facility that brings neighbors together to enhance the livability of the Pleasant Ridge Community. (2) To engage with residents of the Pleasant Ridge Community to provide a variety of educational, informational. entertainment, health, civic and social programs. (3) To offer volunteer opportunities for residents to improve the local community at-large and develop deeper connections with neighbors and friends.
Pleasant Ridge Community Hall is conveniently located at 7067 SW Canal Blvd., Redmond OR 97756.
Contact Redmond Parks & Recreation for more information: 541-548-7275
THANK YOU TO COMMUNITY RESIDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN ESPECIALLY SUPPORTIVE OF PRCH:
* G.W. and Kitty Beaver, and Charles and Margarethe Fretag for donating the land to be used for the Pleasant Ridge Community Hall on Sept. 19, 1921.
*Residents of the Community who served on the Board, including, but not limited to: Ole Hanson, W.F. Gift, J.W. Peterson, W.H. Duval, W.M. Whittamore, Rasmus Pedersen, Ozzie and Ann Hanson, Bud and Marie Petersen.
* Linda Hanson who served over 30 years as PRCH Treasurer.
* The Hanson family who have spent years of volunteering at PRCH, from Ozzie Hanson to his children and grandchildren.
* The family of Bob Davidson who owned the Pleasant Ridge Dairy on Young Avenue. The family had a Celebration of Life for Bob at the Hall on June 18th, and they chose to donate $150. to the PRCHA Well Fund. We “Thank You”.
* Jackie Farrier, who has served on various Boards for PRCH, as well as Managing the Hall in years past. “Thank You” for your long time service.
* Scott Smallwood, who served as President of the PRCHA Board from 2011 to 2015, and who created this web site for PRCH. Scott worked on many improvement projects at the Hall. “Thank You”, Scott. And special thanks to Becky Smallwood who created the Facebook page for PRCH.
* Darren & Phyllis Kosanke who were instrumental in the remodel of PRCH, and re-finished the oak floor.
*Jim West who has supported the Hall by bringing in the boulders to line the front of the property, protecting the building and our Reader Board sign. Jim also used his equipment to plow the parking lot after a particular heavy snow one winter. “Thank You”, Jim.
*Sherry Binger who has served as the Board Secretary since 2011, preserving and maintaining the Hall records, as well as Chairing Community Events.
*Susan Ahlor – “Thank You” to Susan for taking time and her equipment to plow the parking lot after a heavy snow.
*Linda Ingle – “Thank You” for donating a lock box for the Sheriff’s Dept. to use when they are cruising in our area.
*Jon & Gregg from the Deschutes County Assessor’s office for their work on the PRCHA boundaries and for providing wonderful maps of the Community.
*”Thank You” to Bob Barker and Joe & Craig Jorgensen for the donation of the Marantz Player Piano to PRCHA in Oct., 2016.
*Linda & Lon Parker – “Thank You” for the donation/sponsorship of a Spring Fling Dance on May 6, 2017.
* Lori Slaughter – “Thank You” for the substantial donation to the Community Garage Sale in June, 2017.