To provide a place of meeting in the community, a part thereof to be used as a hall for the accommodation of assemblies and lectures, musical, literary, social and other entertainments, and scientific and other exhibitions, per the Articles of Incorporation signed by the Corporation Commissioner of the State of Oregon on November 8, 1921.
(1) To develop and maintain a safe, affordable and accessible facility that brings neighbors together to enhance the livability of the Pleasant Ridge Community. (2) To engage with residents of the Pleasant Ridge Community to provide a variety of educational, informational. entertainment, health, civic and social programs. (3) To offer volunteer opportunities for residents to improve the local community at-large and develop deeper connections with neighbors and friends.
Pleasant Ridge Community Hall is conveniently located at 7067 SW Canal Blvd., Redmond OR 97756.
Available for many different events, from wedding reception and dances, to birthday parties and meetings.
Non-profits, service groups and more (4-H, FFA, Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts, Campfire, Veterans groups, etc.) may qualify for special rates. Please contact us for more details.
If you’re a resident within our immediate service district area, contact us to inquire about possible in-district rental pricing.
SAVE THE DATES IN 2017:
FEBRUARY 14, 2017 – VALENTINES DANCE
MAY 27, 2017 – SPRING FLING DANCE
JUNE 3, 2017 – BEND BEER CHASE – GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO VOLUNTEER AT A FUN EVENT
JUNE 10, 2017 – COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE – GOOD TIME TO CLEAN OUT YOUR “STUFF”
AUGUST 5, 2017 – CASCADE LAKES RELAY – GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO VOLUNTEER
SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 MUSIC FEST/BBQ – LIVE BANDS, DANCING, POTLUCK AND BBQ
OCTOBER 28, 2017 – CHILDREN’S HALLOWEEN PARTY WITH GAMES, MUSIC, PRIZES, TREATS AND SNACKS.
THANK YOU TO COMMUNITY RESIDENTS WHO HAVE BEEN ESPECIALLY SUPPORTIVE OF PRCH:
* G.W. and Kitty Beaver, and Charles and Margarethe Fretag for donating the land to be used for the Pleasant Ridge Community Hall on Sept. 19, 1921.
*Residents of the Community who served on the Board, including, but not limited to: Ole Hanson, W.F. Gift, J.W. Peterson, W.H. Duval, W.M. Whittamore, Rasmus Pedersen, Ozzie and Ann Hanson, Bud and Marie Petersen.
* Linda Hanson who served over 30 years as PRCH Treasurer.
* The Hanson family who have spent years of volunteering at PRCH, from Ozzie Hanson to his children and grandchildren.
* The family of Bob Davidson who owned the Pleasant Ridge Dairy on Young Avenue. The family had a Celebration of Life for Bob at the Hall on June 18th, and they chose to donate $150. to the PRCHA Well Fund. We “Thank You”.
* Jackie Farrier, who has served on various Boards for PRCH, as well as Managing the Hall in years past. “Thank You” for your long time service.
* Scott Smallwood, who served as President of the PRCHA Board from 2011 to 2015, and who created this web site for PRCH. Scott worked on many improvement projects at the Hall. “Thank You”, Scott. And special thanks to Becky Smallwood who created the Facebook page for PRCH.
* Darren & Phyllis Kosanke who were instrumental in the remodel of PRCH, and re-finished the oak floor.
*Jim West who has supported the Hall by bringing in the boulders to line the front of the property, protecting the building and our Reader Board sign. Jim also used his equipment to plow the parking lot after a particular heavy snow one winter. “Thank You”, Jim.
*Sherry Binger who has served as the Board Secretary since 2011, preserving and maintaining the Hall records, as well as Chairing Community Events.
*Susan Ahlor – “Thank You” to Susan for taking time and her equipment to plow the parking lot after a heavy snow.
*Linda Ingle – “Thank You” for donating a lock box for the Sheriff’s Dept. to use when they are cruising in our area.
*Jon & Gregg from the Deschutes County Assessor’s office for their work on the PRCHA boundaries and for providing wonderful maps of the Community.
*”Thank You” to Bob Barker and Joe & Craig Jorgensen for the donation of the Marantz Player Piano to PRCHA in Oct., 2016.
*Linda & Lon Parker – “Thank You” for the donation/sponsorship of a Spring Fling Dance on May 6, 2017.
* Lori Slaughter – “Thank You” for the substantial donation to the Community Garage Sale in June, 2017.
THANK YOU TO LOCAL BUSINESSES WHO HAVE BEEN SUPPORTIVE OF THE PLEASANT RIDGE COMMUNITY HALL:
PAT COUGILL, ATTORNEY AT LAW
SHERWIN WILLIAMS PAINT STORE IN REDMOND
FAMILY TREE SHEETROCK
CASCADE NATURAL GAS
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY IN REDMOND
HIGH COUNTRY DISPOSAL
DIRECT FLOORING CENTER OF BEND
BEND HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
GROCERY OUTLET IN REDMOND
ALBERTSONS OF REDMOND
PUBLIC NOTICE – 2016 ANNUAL MEETING
The 2016 PRCH Annual Meeting and Potluck will be held on Sunday, April 10th, at 3:00pm. All residents residing in the PRCH boundary are invited and encouraged to attend!
This is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors, enjoy some great food, and see all the improvements completed on the Hall in the last year.
2014 POST: HALL FLOOR SHINY AND NEW
Many thanks again to Darren and Phyllis Kosanke, who sanded and refinished the wood floor over the Christmas break, in time for their daughter’s wedding reception on January 4th. They did a fantastic job, and we cannot thank them enough for volunteering to do this on top of the other update work previously. Thank you, Darren and Phyllis!
HALL UPDATE COMPLETED
After three long weeks, we have completed the interior update of the Hall’s kitchen and bathrooms, and it turned out great! We now have a commercial stainless kitchen sink, modern toilets and sinks, new paint, new flooring and more! We couldn’t have done it without the tireless support of those that volunteered, and the various businesses that donated products and services. Here are the businesses that made this possible – if you can, let them know that you appreciate their support of our community hall.
Redmond Habitat for Humanity Restore
High Country Disposal
Direct Flooring Center of Bend
Bend Habitat for Humanity Restore
Cascade Natural Gas
Family Tree Sheetrock
If you’re in our boundary area, we’d be delighted to hear from you if you have an interest in signing up as a volunteer for the Pleasant Ridge Community Hall Association! Our Volunteers help out at the Hall at the community events, Hall improvement projects, Chairing special events, serving on committees, serving on the Board, etc. If you have an interest drop us an email through our link (right side column), or give us a call. If you’re not sure if you reside in our boundary, take a look at our map in our “History” page, or give us a call at 541-316-5757.ESIDENTS*t